Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Above and Beyond



What is the definition of a father? A man who loves and provides for his children? When Justin and I were engaged we went through pre-marital counseling so we would know what kind of expectations to have of each other once we were married and eventually had kids. You know things like who has kitchen duty, who cleans toilets, who makes dinner, how many kids do we have, who disciplines them....etc. Of course things change and you learn to adapt. One thing I knew from the beginning was that Justin would make a good father. What I didn't know was how much he would go above and beyond in being a great father.
As I write this I'm packing for a trip. I'm leaving for eight days to go to a childhood friend's wedding and spend time with other friends. Just me, yes my amazing husband is keeping our two boys at home with him. There is no anxiety, panic, or frantic planning. I don't have to write out a long detailed list of Aiden and Ryan's daily schedule or meal plans or fun things for them to do. He's got it. He is involved as much as I am and I'm beyond grateful and blessed. How in the world did I get so lucky to have an amazing partner in life. I know how big of a deal it is for him to take this on, it's a big job. But I don't have to worry because he does this often. I'm so thankful that we share the load and joys of parenting. When one of us can't handle it the other can take over so we can get back our sanity. Thank you Justin Taylor Cathcart for giving your all plus more in being a father. Our boys are in love with you and so am I.

No comments:

Post a Comment